Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Walk With God





Last night I had a dream that I went on a walk with God.

He was in the form of Gandalf, which I found to be really fitting and slightly amusing.
We were standing together in a forest. I have never felt peace and love like I did while I was with Him in this dream.
He talked with me like a loving Papa, He knew I was sad, and was comforting me. He took the loose strands of hair in my face and put them behind my ear as I looked down at the ground talking to Him. It was dark and cold and the dream was in blue hues.



When I was done talking, He asked if I would give Him my sadness and my worries.

So I handed Him a silver box that was filled with all of my burdens.




He took the box and smiled at me. He walked over to a stream and emptied the box into the water. 

Then we went for a walk along the stream, and I felt a million pounds lift off my shoulders. We laughed and talked together about silly things. The forest turned warm and light, in green and yellow tones.



Then I found myself laying in a bed of moss with dears and rabbits and little woodland creatures all around. 

Right before I fell asleep, God said to me, "Nothing can separate you from my love, my daughter." I fell asleep in such a peace that I've never felt before. 



God as Gandalf might seem goofy to you, but I believe God loves to use imagery and imagination to speak to us. It was overwhelmingly beautiful and gave me so much hope. I felt like a little girl dreaming with God, letting go of grown up ideas of what I think He is like.
Gods love for us is beyond comprehension. He knows everything about us. He's a good Father who wants His children to be free and at peace. And the best part to me? I don't have to do anything to earn His love. 
My hope is that after reading this, you will be inspired to give Him a box filled with your cares and worries, and see what He give you in exchange. May you be free to dream with God, just like a little child, cuz why not.  

xo D



No comments:

Post a Comment